May 28, 2013 at 2:56 PM
We've been having an issue with our mail server, and some licence keys have been lost as a result.
If you've recently purchased McMyAdmin, and do not receive your key by 12:00 GMT 29/05/2013 (Wednesday) - please do the following:
- Visit https://ssl.mcmyadmin.com/keyrecovery/
- Enter your paypal email address and select "Find Licence"
If after doing that you *still* don't have your licence within an hour of doing that, use the contact form at http://phonicuk.com/Contact.aspx with a subject of "NOKEY" and we'll send it to you by hand.
Note that the key recovery page linked above isn't usable until the day after your purchase (the transactions are processed in the early morning)
Apologies for any inconvenienced caused. We hope to have the issues resolved before the close of play today.
May 21, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Starting in June, I'm planning on relaxing some of the restrictions on the Personal edition of McMyAdmin.
- Increasing the player limit from 8 to 10.
- Increasing the panel user limit from 1 to 3.
- Removing the limit on the number of worlds for multiworld configurations.
- Only showing the "This server is running McMyAdmin Personal Edition" notice upon user login instead of every 30 minutes.
The following new restrictions will apply:
- The Remote Assistance feature will be restricted to McMyAdmin Pro and Enterprise.
McMyAdmin is going to start shifting in the direction of including additional value-added features to Pro users such as integration with 3rd party services, and encouraging a higher level of uptake of Personal edition.
Please note that the exact changes are still subject to change without notice.
May 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM
At some point during this month, McMyAdmin is going to be subjected to external penetration testing by a specialist security firm here in the UK.
It will be tested for issues including potential authentication bypasses, XSS attacks, session spoofing/hijacking and other issues that could compromise security for hosts or end users.
Once complete, McMyAdmin will be the only Minecraft control panel to have undergone professional security testing for the benefit of its users.
While there are currently no known vulnerabilities in McMyAdmin, the purpose of this exercise it to make absolutely sure. Security is no accident.